Servs: 2 Makes: 4 Prep: Cook:
Guacamole Wraps with Spicy Pistachio Crunch. I love using thick and sturdy collard green leaves to make wraps (see my past Lettuce Wraps recipe) for easy and light lunches. To make this quickly, I bought fresh guacamole and salsa from Whole Foods to cut down on my preparation time. Buying these items pre-made from a store can save you loads of time and energy when you?re busy. Just always be sure
- add Collard greens
- add Fresh guacamole
- add Fresh mild salsa
- add 1 cup raw pistachios
- add 1 tbsp. chili powder
- add ? tbsp. onion powder
- add ? tbsp. cumin
- add ? tsp. sea salt
- Put the pistachios, chili powder, onion powder, cumin, and sea salt in a food processor and process for about 10 seconds until it begins to form a meal with some big pieces of nuts still intact. Set aside.
- Wash and clean the collard green leaves and remove the stems. (Each big collard green leaf can be cut into two wraps once you remove the stem.) Soak the leaves in warm water for 1 minute (no warmer than 100 degrees) to soften them a bit. Remove the leaves from the water, pat them dry, and lay them out on your cutting board.
- Spoon a generous portion of guacamole on each leaf and top with a little salsa. Sprinkle each wrap with a topping of the spicy pistachio crunch. Store leftover spicy pistachios in a plastic baggie or Tupperware container for use on another day.
- Roll the wraps up gently and enjoy.
- Tip: If you don?t want to buy guacamole and salsa, just use plain slices of avocado in place of the guacamole.