Our family favourite guac. Makes a small batch for 2 - if doubling use 2-3 avocados and double all other ingredients. Serve with taco chips or on 1/4" slices of jicama for a great appetizer.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 avocado
- add 1 pinch southwest seasoning (optional) or cayenne (optional)
- add 2 tablespoons cilantro
- add 1 garlic clove
- add 1 tablespoon red onions
- add 1 roma tomato
- add 1/2 lime, juice of
- add 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- add 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Cut the avocado in 1/2 lengthwise around the pit.
- Separate, remove pit and while still in the shell score each half with a knife into small squares.
- Remove avocado from shell and place in a bowl.
- Add lime juice and salt and mash with a fork to desired consistency. I like to leave some small chunks.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.