From the low country and Gullah in South Carolina.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons margarine
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 cup dark cane sugar
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- add 2 large sweet potatoes
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Peel and grate sweet potatoes.
- Add other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into greased baking dish and cook in slow oven at 300 degrees F until done, about 1 hour.