Classic Rice Krispie Treats with a surprise inside!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- add 32 large marshmallows or 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- add 1 cup gummy worms
- add 5 cups crisp rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- add 1/4 cup margarine or butter (can be light)
- Heat marshmallows and margarine in a 3-qt. saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly to melt the mixture until smooth.
- *I do the above in the microwave, checking and stirring in one minute intervals.*.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Stir in half of the cereal and half of the gummy worms at a time until mixture is evenly distributed.
- Press the mixture into a buttered 9 x 9" square pan.
- Cool mixture in pan, then cut into bars.