I created this sauce after working for a Gyro stand..The sauce came ready made so I experimented a little til I found the taste I was looking for. This is good with Pastrami or thin sliced spicey beef in a pita too..
- add 1 cup sour cream
- add 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- add 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- add 1/2 cup peeled and grated cucumbers
- add 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Fold together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Chill til ready to serve.
- I often make a faux Gyro with Pitas, tomatoes and sweet red onion.
- I buy thin sliced pastrami or spicey or peppered roast beef from the deli and microwave it for 20 or 30 seconds.
- Put it all together and-- yummmm.