Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
"Our Test Kitchen came up with a fun way to serve halibut by marinating it in citrus juices and brown sugar, then topping it with a refreshing peach salsa. The colorful entree is pretty enough to serve to company."
- add 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- add 1 garlic clove, minced
- add 2 tablespoons orange juice
- add 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- add 4 (6 ounce) halibut steaks
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 2 teaspoons lime juice
- add 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- add 1/3 cup orange juice
- add 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped*
- add 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- add 2 tablespoons canola oil
- add 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- add 2 tablespoons lime juice
- add SALSA:
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Remove 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the halibut. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. In a bowl, combine salsa ingredients; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- If grilling the fish, coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade from fish. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve with peach salsa.