This recipe comes from the very popular Company's Coming cookbook series.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/3 cups evaporated milk
- add 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- add 8-10 wooden sticks
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 2 cups granulated sugar
- add 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- add 8-10 firm apples
- Wash,dry and polish apples.
- Remove stems and insert wooden sticks.
- Remove blossoms.
- Put milk, syrup and sugar into heavy saucepan.
- Heat and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Boil, stirring continually, until thermometer reaches soft ball stage- 240 degrees, or until a bit dropped into ice water forms a soft ball that will flatten easily.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Dip apples to coat, holding over saucepan to drain.
- Place saucepan over heat to thin as needed.
- Place apples stick side up, on greased pan or tray.
- Makes 8-10 caramel apples.