Fondues are back and what a better time to try one than Halloween. You can serve this outdoors while watching the little nippers and the fireworks. It tastes great
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- add 2 teaspoons dry English-style mustard
- add 1 lb sharp Canadian cheddar cheese
- add 1 (12 ounce) can dry cider or non-alcoholic beer
- add 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- add 1 (1 lb) loaf heavy whole-wheat bread or crusty rye bread
- add 4 tablespoons softened butter
- add 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat the cider or beer to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Toss together the cheese and the cornstarch.
- Add cheese in large handfuls to the simmering liquid.
- When the fondue is creamy (you may have to stir once), combine the butter, mustard,& worcestershire and add to the fondue.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until silky& smooth.
- Season with cayenne and place in a table top fondue dish and place over heater.
- Keep the fondue at a gentle simmer.
- Guests then spear the bread dip in the hot fondue and MMMmmmmm.