I was scouring the net, looking for fun ideas to send with my daughter as snack for her Kindergarten class. These caught my eye and we plan on making them next week! Prep time includes time to mix & bake the cupcakes prior to decorating.
- add 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- add 24 large marshmallows
- add 3 drops green food coloring
- add black decorating gel
- add 3 cups chocolate frosting
- add 2 dozen cupcakes
- add 1 cup green candy melts (we used Wilton Candy Melts)
- add 48 green Tic Tac mints
- add 48 miniature M&M chocolate candies
- 1. Bake and cool 2 dozen cupcakes from your favorite recipe. Prepare a 1-3.4 oz box of vanilla-flavored instant pudding. Stir in drops of green food coloring until you have a shade you like, then place it in the refrigerator to chill.
- 2. Next, microwave 1 cup of green melting candy (we used Wilton Candy Melts, available at party supply stores) for 1 minute at 50 percent power, then stir. If necessary, heat in 15-second intervals until completely melted. One at a time, spear 24 large marshmallows with a skewer and roll them in the melted candy, coating the sides. Set them on a waxed-paper-lined baking sheet, add M&M's Minis for eyes, and place them in the refrigerator to chill.
- 3. With a small serrated knife, remove a 1-inch-wide chunk from the center of each cupcake. Fill each hole with a tablespoon or so of the pudding, then spread chocolate frosting around each pudding hole.
- 4. Cover each pool of pudding with a chilled marshmallow. Add black gel facial features and 2 green Tic Tac mints for bolts.
- 5. Finally, top each monster head with a bit of frosting and muss with your finger or a fork. Keep the cupcakes chilled until serving time.