Turn simple sandwiches into an impressive Halloween spread. We like to serve these with hot pumpkin or squash soup.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 ounces cream cheese
- add 4 pimento stuffed olives
- add 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- add 1/2 cup pimento stuffed olives
- Slice each of the 4 olives in half. Set aside.
- Spread 1 oz cream cheese on 4 of the slices of pumpernickel.
- Chop remaining olives and divide evenly, spreading over top of the 4 cream cheese-topped slices.
- Top 4 sandwiches with remaining slices. Using a knife or large cookie cutter, cut each into a pumpkin shape.
- Use small dots of cream cheese to attach eyes of reserved sliced olives.
- VARIATION: Following directions above, make pumpkin-shaped peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. Use dots of peanut butter to attach raisins for eyes and mouth.
- Serve with slices of pumpkin bread cut into spooky shapes with cookie cutters, if desired.