Notes: Use a cleaned 1-quart milk or orange juice carton to hold straws
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 100 flexible plastic straws
- add 3 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- add 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry gelatin or grape flavor gelatin
- add 3/4 cup whipping cream
- add 12-15 drops green food coloring
- add 1 tall slender 4 cup container (same height as extended straws)
- add 3 cups boiling water
- In a bowl, combine gelatins.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatinscompletely dissolve. Chill until lukewarm, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, gentlypull straws to extend to full length; place in tall container.
- Blend cream and food coloring with the lukewarm gelatin mixture. Pour into container, filling straws.
- Chill until gelatin is firm, at least 8 hours, or cover and chill up to 2 days.
- Pull straws from container (if using a carton, tear carton away from straws). Pull straws apart; run hot tap water for about 2 seconds over 3 to 4straws at a time. Starting at the empty ends, push worms from straws withrolling pin, or use your fingers; lay worms on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Cover and chill until ready to use, at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Worms willhold at room temperatureup to 2 hours.