This dish is said to be the only dish invented in Israel to attain international acclaim.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- add 1 cup sweet cream
- add 6 egg yolks
- add 150 g halvah
- add 6 tablespoons sugar
- In a bowl whip the sweet cream until it forms stiff peaks. In a small saucepan mix the sugar with 6 tablespoons of water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool.
- In the top of a double boiler, over but not in boiling water, place the syrup and add the egg yolks and Amaretto.
- Mix with a hand mixer without stopping until the mixture is thick in texture and lighter in color and begins to form a foam on the surface.
- Remove from the heat, transfer to a mixing bowl and add the halvah.
- Mix at a high speed without stopping for 15 minutes and then fold in the whipped cream, mixing gently with a plastic spatula until the mixture is even throughout.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper and place in the freezer for a minimum of 6-8 hours. Serve in thick slices as a dessert.
- *Hailing from the Middle East, this confection is made from ground sesame seed and honey, sometimes with the addition of chopped dried fruit and pistachio nuts. It`s available in most supermarkets in wrapped bars, and in Jewish delicatessens in long slabs from which individual slices can be cut.