My brand new husband described this pie as his mother made it. I developed the recipe from his description and the entire family relished it throughout our 52 years of marriage.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups very thick white sauce
- add 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- add 6 hard-boiled eggs, diced (leftover from Easter?)
- add 1 recipe pie crust, for a two-crust 9 inch pie (Use a packaged pie crust to save time.)
- add 2 cups diced ham (leftover from Easter?)
- Line pie plate with one crust.
- Spread half of the ham across it.
- Then spread the diced hard-boiled eggs on top of the ham.
- Spread the other half of the ham on top of the eggs.
- Pour the white sauce evenly over the ham and eggs.
- Top with the second crust-- crimping the edges tightly and cutting vent holes.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour, until the crust is golden brown.