This is a very quick fix, 5-10 min prep, 30 minutes in the oven. Kids love it. I add ranch dressing for additional flavor. I use real bacon bits to save time. You can substitue the cheese of your choice. I have used American, Mild Cheddar and Mozzarella. I have experimented with adding scrambled egges for a brunch. You can also use the french bread idea for pizza pockets and much more. The possibilities are endless.
- add 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- add 2-4 tablespoons ranch dressing (optional)
- add 1 (11 ounce) package refrigerated French bread dough
- add 6 green onions, sliced (optional)
- add 8 slices bacon
- add 1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- Unroll dough on a lightly greased baking sheet. Place ham on dough, don't go all the way to the edge, leave about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch; spread Ranch Dressing over the ham; sprinkle evenly with onions, bacon and cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, start with the long side.Pinch edges to seal and tuck the ends under.Place the seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Cut several slits on top of the loaf (about 1/4 in deep).Bake at 350 for 26-30 minutes until golden brown.Cool a bit before slicing.