This is what I did with my leftover ham bone. We love soup, so I made up this tasty one.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 head cabbage
- add 1/4 cup barley
- add 1 tablespoon sugar
- add 1 cup chopped sweet onions
- add 1 teaspoon pepper
- add 2 tablespoons chicken base or bouillon
- add 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- add 2 small rutabagas
- add 2 (16 ounce) cans butter beans
- add 2 cups carrots
- add 1 ham bone
- Put the ham bone in water to cover, bring to boiling, then reduce the heat to low and simmer 1 hour with, chopped onions, sliced carrots, and diced rutabaga.
- Add the tomatoes, barley, beans, and cabbage.
- Add the bouillon, pepper and sugar.
- Cook until the meat falls off the bone.
- Remove the ham bone cut the ham in little pieces and put back in the soup. Enjoy!