I first ate these at a boating event, they were so filling I got the recipe and use them for a main course. They are simply totally yum...please give it a try, its easy - fast and fun. Great with a little side salad and fresh french bread or old fashioned brown bread - Enjoy!
- add OH boy, this is fun stuff:
- add 1 # lean ground beef
- add 3/4# bacon
- add 1 large onion, chopped
- add 1 large can of your favorite pork and beans
- add 1 15 oz can each > kidney, red and lima beans
- add 11/2 cup barbeque sauce
- add 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- add 1 8 oz can of crushed pineapple with juice
- add 1 Tbsp liquid smoke (optional)
- add 1/2 tsp salt
- add 1/2 tsp pepper
- Use a large pan like a Dutch oven type to cook. Maybe you have something that you can cook on top of stove and put into oven and take to table or picnic. That would be perfect.
- Slice bacon into bits and cook till browned, drain and set aside. Cook hamburger and chopped onion with salt and pepper to brown and drain fat. In a colander drain the pork and beans, the kidney beans, red and lima beans. Add those beans and the rest of ingredients to the Dutch Oven. Cover and bake in a 350 oven for 1 hour or till heated through.