A delicious conglomerate of beef and vegetables in a rich tomato soup. I made this regularly when my kids were growing up. We ate a lot of ground beef because it was economical. This was an invention of mine while looking for another way to cook hamburger. I served it with cornbread or crackers. It was great!
- add 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- add 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- add 1 (15 ounce) can sliced carrots
- add 1 (15 ounce) can green peas
- add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 4 cups water
- add 1/2 bell pepper
- add 2 teaspoons salt (add more to taste)
- add 1 stalk celery
- add 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- add 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- add 3 beef bouillon cubes
- add 2 large white potatoes
- add 1 teaspoon pepper
- add 1 large onion
- add 1 1/2 lbs 80% lean ground beef
- add 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- In large skillet, brown ground beef with onion, garlic, bell pepper, parsley and celery.Do not drain.
- Pour into a very large pot.
- Add beef bullion cubes and 4 cups water.Bring to a boil.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper, and all vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are done.
- Serve with cornbread or crackers.