Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
"Rice is topped with chicken in a cream sauce, then garnished with cheese, tomato, onion, pineapple and coconut. This melody of flavors mixed together sounds weird but the combination put together brings delicious results!!! This recipe was given to me by my aunt 20 years ago and I've been making it for my family ever since."
- add 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- add 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- add 4 cups water
- add 1 cup chow mein noodles
- add 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- add 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- add 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- add 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- add 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- add 2 cups long grain white rice
- Place rice and water into a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken breasts into a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from the water, reserving liquid, and shred.
- Return the shredded chicken to the saucepan, and stir in soup. Stir in about 1 cup of the reserved water, or until the sauce reaches your desired consistency. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- To serve, place one cup of cooked rice onto a plate, spoon some of the chicken mixture over it, then top with small amounts of Cheddar cheese, tomatoes, green onions, pineapple chunks, coconut and chow mein noodles until you have a happy mountain. Now grab a fork and ENJOY!