I adapted this from "500 Fat Free Recipes". I make this a lot when I'm hungry and have no idea what to fix. I cook the rice while making the beans and then throw it all together.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1 bell pepper
- add cooking spray
- add 1 medium onion
- add 2 tomatoes, chopped (or 1 can chopped tomatoes)
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 2 cups canned black beans (not rinsed)
- Spray a heavy pan with cooking spray.
- Cook the onion, garlic, and pepper for about 3 minutes or until starting to get soft.
- Add the tomatoes and pepper.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice.