These burgers are really tasty and unique. All of the spices really make the burger good. The pineapple is a huge treat also. The grill caramelizes the pineapple and makes it a very tender and sweet topping with the hamburger.
- add 2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey
- add 8 hamburger buns
- add 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- add 1 (23 ounce) can sliced pineapple rings
- add 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- add 1/4 cup soy sauce
- add 1/2 cup honey
- add 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add lettuce leaves (optional)
- add 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; add beef and mix well.
- Shape into eight 3/4-in. thick patties.
- Grill the burgers, uncovered over medium-hot heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Brush with soy sauce.
- Continue grilling for 4-6 minutes or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times.
- During the last 4 minutes, grill the pineapple slices until browned, turning once.
- Serve burgers and pineapple on buns with lettuce if desired.