In the 60's my mother did a lot of looking over her grand kids. They would fill the house on the weekend and this was an easy cookie for the older ones to make and super tasty for the younger ones to eat...try this when you want something sweet and easy.
- add 2 cup sugar
- add 1/2 cup marg or butter
- add 1/2 cup milk
- add Bring the above ingredients to boil in a medium sauce pan. Remove from heat and then add in the rest of ingredients:
- add 6-8 Tbsp baking Cocoa powder
- add 1 cup coconut
- add 1 tsp vanilla
- add 3 cups of quick cooking oats
- Stir the dry mixture with the warmed mixture you have in the saucepan cooling. Still till well mixed and put teaspoon drop size cookies on wax paper and chill to set.
- Very easy to make and great little treat or perfect fast "night before" gift to share with someone special.