I love egg rolls and these are vegetarian and low fat!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, diced (I mix with button and portabella)
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 1 stalk celery, diced (or/and 1/2 cup water chestnuts)
- add 2 medium carrots
- add 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- add 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
- add 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- add 12 fat-free egg-roll wrappers
- add 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- add 3 cups shredded Chinese cabbage (you may mix with other greens)
- add cooking spray or olive oil
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Dissolve one tablespoon of the cornstarch into 1/4 cup water and set aside.
- Lightly spray a wok or large saute pan with cooking spray (or use olive oil) and heat over low heat.
- Combine cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, celery and ginger in the pan.
- Cook for five to seven minute or until vegetables begin to wilt, stirring constantly to keep from burning.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and soy sauce.
- Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add green onions at very end to keep them crisp.
- Dissolve the remaining tablespoon of cornstarch in 1/4 cup water.
- Brush onto egg-roll wrappers and fill with vegetables.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 15 minutes or until brown.