If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 6 teaspoons baking powder
- add 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- add 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- add 2 tablespoons sugar
- add 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- add 2 teaspoons salt
- add 6 tablespoons canola oil
- add 3 cups unbleached flour
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.Add other ingredients.Stir until dough forms.Allow to sit for 30 minutes if time permits.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness.Cut into 12 biscuits using a biscuit cutter or a glass.Brush the tops with melted margarine, if desired.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10 minutes or until browned.(Do not let biscuits touch.).
- These biscuits are thick and are best used to sandwich other items.Scrambled tofu is a great filler!