As part of the 'Zaar World tour, I was looking for dessert recipes suitable for Rosh Hashanah. The original caome from allrecipes.combut I've made a number of changes to make this moist and tender cookie not only healthier but more tasty. These are so good, you'll love them holiday or no holiday. Kids will especially love them and you'll enjoy sneaking a little veggie into their afternoon snack.
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- add 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- add 1 cup sifted whole-wheat flour
- add 1/2 cup honey
- add 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- add cooking spray
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 egg
- add 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter, applesauce and honey. Add eggs, and beat well. Blend in vanilla and lemon extracts.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to creamed mixture, and mix well.
- Stir in carrots.
- Prepare baking sheets with a quick shot of cooking spray. Drop by teaspoon on baking sheets. Bake 15-18 minutes and cool on racks.