We had everything on hand for this meal, and it was awesome! I like to rinse the capers.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- add 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- add 2 tablespoons capers
- add 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley
- add 3/4 cup fresh arugula
- add 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- add 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- add 8 ounces thin whole-wheat spaghetti
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add pasta and cook according to the directions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium flame. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the parsley, olives, capers, anchovy paste, oregano and crushed red pepper to the skillet, and saute for 2 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir in the arugula and simmer for 1 minute more, until the greens wilt slightly.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the skillet, tossing it with the sauce to combine. Top with grated cheese.