Gah-lic. Stand back if you're a vampire. But then again- COME CLOSER, DAHLING!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- add 3-3 1/2 lbs cut-up broiler-fryer chickens
- add 1/4 cup lemon juice
- add extra sprigs herbs (optional)
- add 3 heads garlic
- add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup dry white wine (chicken broth ok)
- add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place checken in an ungreased rectangular baking dish or casserole (lasagna-type pan).
- Mix wine, chopped herbs and salt and pour over chicken.
- Cut top 1/2-inch off the tops of garlic heads and place cut side up in between the chicken pieces in the pan.
- Tuck extra sprigs of thyme, rosemary and sage in and among the chicken if you desire too (optional).
- Cover with lid or aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, then uncover, turn chicken pieces, and bake for 20-30 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through.
- To serve, gently squeeze roasted garlic out onto roasted chicken pieces; serve with extra herbs and pan juices, if you desire.