The herbs give an interesting variation in this old-fashioned English favourite.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup beef stock
- add 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- add 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- add 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- add 3 ounces cheddar cheese
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- add 18 ounces lean ground beef
- add 3 cups potatoes
- add 1 teaspoon yeast extract
- add 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- add 6 tablespoons red wine
- add 4 ounces button mushrooms
- add 1 onion
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F
- Heat the oil and fry the onion until brown.
- Lower the heat and add the beef and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, tomato purée, yeast extract and stock, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer.
- Mix in the cheese and herbs to the mashed potato.
- Spoon the meat into a deep ovenproof dish. Top with the herby potato.
- Bake for 30 minutes.