Posted in response to a request for rotisserie recipes. This is a mainstay for rotisserie use. It turns out wonderfully crusted and juicy
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 lemons
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- add 2-4 lbs chickens
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees Broil or Top heat mode.
- Discard the innards of each chicken, rinse the cavity and dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Combine the seasoning and olive oil, gently loosen the skin covering the breast, smear some of the mix over the meat and rub the remainder into the chicken skin.
- Squeeze some lemon juice into the cavity of each chicken and stuff the lemons inside.
- Tuck the wings under the legs and tie the legs together with a little dampened string.
- Thread the chickens onto the skewer and roast for 20 minutes, remember to add the drip pan to the oven.
- Lower the heat and continue cooking at 350 degrees for the remainder of the cooking time, approximately 50 minutes.