I searched for years for a brownie that was more ooey gooey than cake like and here it is. I make it in a 9X13 pan and it dissapears FAST. I found this on the back of a Hershey's Cocoa can and the icing is from a friend.
- add 4 eggs
- add 3/4 cup hershey's cocoa powder
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 cup butter (use the real stuff)
- add 2 cups sugar
- add 1 cup all-purpose flour
- add 2 teaspoons vanilla
- add 2 tablespoons warm water
- add 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- add 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- add 1 tablespoon melted butter
- add 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional, I do not use)
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- For brownies heat oven to 350 degrees.Spray a 9x13 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In large microwave safe bowl place butter and microwave until melted.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, hand beating well with spoon after each addition.
- Add cocoa; beat until well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well.
- Stir in nuts if desired.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 - 35 minutes (I underbake mine for 25 minutes).
- Drop icing on hot brownies and spread with a rubber spatula as icing melts.Cool completely and cut into bars.
- For icing. Melt butter then wisk in the cocoa, butter and powder sugar.Icing will be thick but will melt when placed on hot brownies and make like a thin chocolate coating.The brownies are still good without the icing but what the heck, go for it!