Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
As you can tell...I love Hoisin Sauce! This recipe is from Cooking Light. I altered the recipe in that I left the skin on...we like crispy skin.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 8 drumsticks
- add 8 thighs
- add cooking spray
- add SAUCE:
- add 2/3 cup Hoisin sauce
- add 3 tablespoons each: rice wine, soy sauce and ketsup
- add 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- add 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Prepare the sauce; combine ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Put 3/4 cup in a large bowl, cover and chill remaining sauce.
- Add chicken to the sauce in the large bowl, toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight. (I used a ziplock bag instead.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (we used our outdoor grill)
- Remove chicken from marinade and reserve the marinade. Place chicken on grill or broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn chicken and baste with reserved marinade and bake another 20 minutes or until done. Discard marinade.
- Bring the remaining 3/4 cup of sauce to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat and cook until slightly thick and reduced to about 1/2 cup (approx. 5 minutes).
- Drizzle sauce over chicken.