Servs: 1 Prep: Cook:
I make these for Priss, the Spoiled Rotten Pomeranian. She's part of the family too, so making her something special is fun for me too. With so many dog food and treat recalls lately, its scary when you read ingredients and wonder where the product came from. With this recipe, the cook knows exactly what goes in, and into their furkids.
- add 1 cup flour
- add 1 cup whole wheat flour
- add 1/2 cup course ground corn meal
- add 1/2 c non-fat dry milk
- add 1/2 tsp each: garlic powder, salt, sugar
- add 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- add 1 egg
- add 1/2 cup Veggie, Beef, 'or' Chicken Broth
- add Non-stick spray
- Mix all wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a separate medium mixing bowl mix together all dry ingredients. Then slowly mix all together in the large bowl till it forms a dough ball. Kneed on a floured board gently several minutes.
- Roll to 1/2" thick. Use a cookie cutter and cut out shapes. (A bone shape is nice, but not really necessary. I didn't even have a cookie cutter at first. I just cut into 1" x 3" strips.)
- Place shapes onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet. Its ok to place them very close together, they won't spread or rise.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 and 1/2 hours. Then turn the cookie sheet around front to back and bake for another 1/2 hour.
- Remove from cookie sheet and put in a tightly sealed container.
- Don't feed them to your pet until they are entirely cooled.