For the best chips use maris piper, desiree or king edward potatoes.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celcius.
- Cut the potatoes into thick chips.Plunge into a pan contaning the boiling stock and cook for 5 minutes, until just tender.
- Drain in a colander.Allow to cool slightly.
- Put the oil in a plastic food boc and CAREFULLY toss the chips in the oil.
- Transfer the chips to a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes, turning them once or twice, until golden and crisp.Sprinkle with paprika or salt to serve.