A very easy and delicious home made spaghetti sauce. I know the carrots sound strange, but it helps not to get heartburn, and you don't even taste them.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 pinch rosemary
- add 1 pinch sage
- add 1 pinch paprika
- add fresh mushrooms (diced)
- add 2 cloves garlic (pressed)
- add 1 small carrot (minced)
- add 1/2 cup brown sugar
- add 1 large vidalia onions (chopped)
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 1 pinch pepper
- add 2 cans tomato paste
- add 1 green pepper (diced)
- add 1 pinch chili powder
- add 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- add 3 lbs ground beef (browned & drained)
- add 1 pinch celery seeds
- Place all ingredients in a large dutch oven on the stovetop.
- Simmer for 5 to 6 hours.
- Adjust seasonings to your taste.