This is a very easy and satisfying soup. It contains a lot of vegetables, but is a cinch to throw together. This soup can easily be made vegetarian by using vegetable broth instead of beef broth, and just about any vegetables you like can be used.
- add 3 cups cabbage
- add 2 cups corn, canned or frozen (more if desired)
- add 8 cups beef broth or vegetable broth
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- add 1 cup green beans
- add 2 medium potatoes
- add 1 cup water (if needed)
- add 1 1/2 cups carrots
- add 2 cups chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
- add 1 cup chopped tomatoes (canned is fine)
- add 3 medium onions
- Add broth to a large soup pot.
- Add onions, celery, potatoes, tomatoes, cabbage, green beans, corn, and carrots.
- Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Add black pepper.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add water if necessary to thin out soup.
- Tastes even better the next day.