Servs: 10 Makes: 50 pieces Prep: Cook:
This recipe is a magical alchemy of praliné, chocolate, crunchy almonds and a hint of honey that will tempt even the most determined little bees. these truffles are more than just a treat. they can lift you to the dizzy heights of pure pleasure.
- add 178g sugar
- add 55g water
- add 1 vanilla pod (scrape out the inside)
- add 266g roasted almonds + 15g almond pieces (for the croquant)
- add 125g butter
- add 70g fondant sugar* (in specialist shops)
- add 20g honey
- add 7g brésilienne**
- add 200g dark chocolate
- add 150g flaked almonds to decorate the truffles
- 1. Prepare the almond praliné. to do this, refer to the previous recipe for basic praliné and replace the hazelnuts with almonds. blend 75g of this praliné, the softened butter, fondant sugar, honey, brésilienne and chopped almonds in a food processor set to a low speed.
- 2. Pour the paste into a piping bag and pipe out small “s” shapes onto greaseproof paper. Place the pralinés in the fridge until they harden (around 1 hour).
- 3. temper the dark chocolate (see recipe on page 18).
- 4. Remove the truffles from the fridge, and after 5 minutes dip them into the tempered chocolate using a fork.
- 5. then roll the truffles in the flaked and roasted almonds.