If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- add 3 tablespoons butter
- add 1/8 teaspoon salt
- add 1-2 tablespoon low-fat buttermilk
- add 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- add 1/4 cup low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
- add 1 teaspoon honey
- add 3/4 cup unbleached white flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Into large bowl, sift together 3/4 cup flour,baking powder, bakingsoda and salt.Sift mixture again.
- Add butter; mix just until crumbly.
- Add cottage cheese, chutney, Cheddar cheese, honey and 1tablespoonbuttermilk.
- Combine briefly, just to mix ingredients.
- If dough istoocrumbly, add additional 1 tablespoon buttermilk.
- Knead only 5 times.
- (Dough should be soft and satiny.)Lightly flour board and roll out doughinto 8- by 5-inch rectangle.Cut into rounds with 2-inch biscuit cutter,rerolling and cutting scraps.
- Place on oiled baking sheet.Bake 7 to 10minutes, until just golden.
- Yields 10 to 12 scones.
- Recipe Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch - 09-28-1998 By Mary Carroll Alan HewittThe UK Recipe Archive recipes on-line in Mastercookand Mealmaster formats.