SO SWEET!!!! It's like eating dessert! It's amazing how many people never had parsnips! They're so much better then carrots! And Carrots are good. You can also add raisins to the honey just before adding the carrots and parsnips the final time.
- add 1 small onion
- add 1 lb carrots
- add 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- add 1 lb parsnips
- add 1 teaspoon honey
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 cup vegetable broth or water (adding more if needed)
- In a pot boil broth, cook the carrots and parsnips in the broth for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they are just tender, and transfer them to a bowl.
- In a skillet melt the butter and saute onions till tender add honey. If carrots and parsnips arn`t sweet you can add more honey.
- Add the carrots and parsnips, Cook the mixture over moderately low heat, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the carrots and parsnips are glazed evenly and heated through, and season it with salt and pepper.