I have a fun group of dog parents that I twitter with @Missbusybiz and many a cold winter night...I sit with my laptop, my HBR and my hand twittering away. Boy the warmth from a good HBR is terrific. It calms you down and you are ready for a good nights sleep. This great recipe stays in your freezer and is at your finger tips anytime you feel the need for Yumm in a Mug.
- add Ingredients:
- add 1Pt. of the best (richest)vanilla bean ice cream you can find
- add 1lb. dark brown sugar
- add 1lb. butter (no salt)
- add 1Tbsp nutmeg
- add 1Tbsp cinnamon
- Soften both the ice cream and the butter, Put in bowl with a hand mixer or better still put in food processor and mix the butter and sugar and then add in the ice cream and keep adding the spices and taste to your liking.
- Use 1 heaping Tbsp. with a jigger of rum in a large mug and pour over hot water and stir. Serve with whip cream on top with a sprinkle of nutmeg. This is super yum and easy to keep frozen in the freezer and bring out any time you want a great sweet drink to warm your winter blues away.