An excellent easy to make appetizer. I have been making this recipe for over 20 years and it is enjoyed by all who like the taste of seafood.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 7 1/2 ounces canned crabmeat
- add 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Kraft Miracle Whip is preferred)
- add 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or red hot sauce
- add 8 tablespoons cream cheese
- add 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- add 4 tablespoons minced onions
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Stir in crabmeat, minced onion, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce.
- Spoon mixture into a small oven-proof dish that has been sprayed with a good vegetable oil.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly.
- Serve with crackers of your choice, potato chips, tortilla or taco chips.