If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 6 1/2-7 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 cup water (110 to 115 degrees)
- add 4 teaspoons milk
- add 1/2 cup dried currants
- add 1/2 cup raisins
- add 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- add 2 tablespoons water
- add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1 egg yolk
- add 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- add 1 cup warm milk (, 110 to 115 degrees)
- add 4 eggs
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
- Add milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, salt, nutmeg and 3 cups of flour; beat until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Stir in the currants, raisins and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; shape into 30 balls.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Cut a cross on top of each roll with a sharp knife.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Beat water and egg yolk; brush over rolls.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
- For icing, combine sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth; drizzle over rolls.