Very tasty fruit dish, especially around the fall and winter holidays. Will keep well in refrigerator for several days. Looks really attractive when served with baked ham on a buffet table. Another one of my mother's recipes for which I have no origin.
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1/2 cup brown sugar
- add 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- add 1 (15 ounce) can peach slices
- add 1 cup cream sherry
- add 2 tablespoons flour
- add 1 (14 ounce) jar spiced apple rings
- add 1 (15 ounce) can apricot halves
- add 1 (15 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice
- Arrange drained fruit layers in large buttered casserole dish in the following order: pineapple, peach slices.
- pear halves, apricot halves and spiced apple rings.
- Combine flour and brown sugar and mix well with the melted butter and creme sherry in a sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Pour over fruit, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature before baking for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees, or until hot and bubbly.
- NOTE: Cooking time refers to both cooking and chilling time.