Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
This dish is simple in its flavours. There is no combination of multiple complex flavours like one of my Thai or Malay curries. Yet, sometimes a simple dish is what you need. All this dish needs to go along is some simple fried rice (just stir-fry yesterday's leftover rice with some ginger, garlic, spring onions, eggs, and salt.) and perhaps a stir-fried vegetable dish. You can make all that in under 30 minutes.
- add 1/4 -1/2 lbs Medium Prawns (shell removed and deveined)
- add 1-2 tbsp Butter
- add 2-3 tsp Black pepper, freshly ground (coarse)
- add 2 tsp Garlic - minced
- add 1 tsp Thai bird chillies - finely sliced - (omit this if you can't take the heat)
- add 2 tsp Light soy sauce
- add 2 tsp Dark soy sauce
- add 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- add 2 tbsp Chicken stock or water
- Heat a wok till it's medium hot. (Very hot will burn the butter, so be careful.)
- Add the butter and wait till it starts foaming. Then add the garlic, pepper and chillies. Stir-fry for about 10-20 seconds.
- Add the prawns and stir-fry for another 30 seconds.
- Now add the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, and chicken stock. Turn up the heat to high and stir-fry for another 30 seconds. Let the sauces thicken but not burn.
- Your prawns should be done. Check if the flesh is opaque. If in doubt, under-cook rather than overcook them.
- Um, that's all there is to it. This is a 3-minute recipe. Enjoy it while it's hot.