This is a yummy dip, but I have to say I love it on baked spuds with a side salad!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- add 6 ounces jalapeno jack cheese
- add 1 tablespoon flour
- add toast points or baked potatoes
- add 1 lb lump crabmeat or imitation crabmeat
- add 1/4 cup butter
- add 3/4 cup half-and-half
- add 4 ounces cream cheese
- add 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the crab and saute for 3 minutes.
- REmove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the flour and stir until well blended.
- Add the jalapeno and cream cheese, reducing heat to low, stirring until completely melted.
- Return skillet to medium heat, whisking in the salt and half and half until well incorporated.
- Add the crab and spinach, stirring well and heating through.
- Pour into a 9x9 casserole dish and cover with the shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese it totally melted.
- Serve with toast points or on top of baked potatoes with a side salad.