Salsa adds lots of flavor to this warm salad. From "Recipes for Busy Cooks" by the Rice a Roni folks.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- add 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- add 1 teaspoon chili powder
- add 4 cups shredded lettuce
- add 1/2 cup salsa
- add 1 medium tomato
- add sour cream (optional)
- add 1 (6 7/8 ounce) package beef flavored Rice-A-Roni
- add 2 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese or cheddar cheese
- add 1/2 cup chopped onions
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain.
- Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In the same skillet, prepare Rice a Roni Mix as package directs.
- Stir in meat mixture, salsa and chili powder; continue cooking over low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Arrange lettuce on serving platter.
- Top with rice mixture, tomato and cheese.
- Top with Tortilla chips, if desired.
- Add a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
- Makes 5 servings.