Copy Cat Recipe. I received a ton from my mom.. Here's another...I haven't adusted anything :O) On some I had to guess on the time and servings if I haven't tried them.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup flour
- add 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- add salt and pepper
- add 1/4 cup chicken bouillon
- add garlic powder
- add 1 quart warm water
- add 1/4 lb butter
- add 2 cups heavy cream
- add 2 cups milk
- add 2 cups potatoes
- add 2 cups yellow onions
- add 1 cup potato flakes
- add dried basil
- Saute onions in melted butter for 10 minutes in large kettle. Add flour to onions and butter and cook for four to five minutes, stirring until flour is absorbed.
- In a seperate container, combine water, chicken bouillon, potato flakes, and seasonings. Stir until thoroughly mixed and no lumps remain. Add to onion mixture, one pint at a time.
- Add milk and cream, stirring until smooth and lightly thickened. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate container, the potatoes should be covered with water, brought to a boil, and simmered for 20 minutes.
- Combine the potatoes with the soup to complete.