Makes: 3 cups
Summer time is the perfect occasion for a field trip to your local farmers market. It is a great opportunity to introduce the young children to a variety of fresh and colorful fruits and vegetables and whole grains - nature's fast food! The meal and snack opportunities are endless. Balance convenience and Healthy snacking with the following recipe and snack suggestions
- add 12.5 oz can Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas) - drained & rinsed
- add 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- add 1/8 cup Lemon Juice
- add 1.5 tsp Olive Oil
- add 3 drops Hot Pepper Sauce (optional)
- Blend beans, yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil and hot pepper sauce (optional) in blender until smooth.
- Cover & Refrigerate.
- Serving Suggestions:
- DIP IT!
- Fresh Carrots, Bell Pepper & Cucumber Slices, Broccoli & Cauliflower Florets and even Apple Slices make great dipping partners.
- STUFF IT!
- Stuff Celery Sticks with Hummus and top with raisins and shredded carrots
- WRAP IT!
- Wraps offer endless creation possibilities. Spread your favorite whole grain wrap with Hummus and fill with a variety of wholesome ingredients including shredded & sliced fruits & vegetables, lean deli meats and low fat cheese.