I have made this for over 25 years-this is real old-fashioned comfort food, if you like the taste of paprika.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 1 green pepper
- add 2 cups water
- add 1 1/4 cups chopped onions
- add 1/8 teaspoon marjoram
- add 2 lbs stewing beef
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- add 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- add 2 teaspoons paprika
- add 1/4 cup butter
- Salt and pepper beef, and shake on some paprika.
- In Dutch oven, melt butter and brown meat over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, green pepper, vinegar, tomato sauce, balance of paprika, caraway, marjoram, and water.
- Stir well.
- Simmer, covered, until meat is tender-about 11/2-2 hours.
- Add more water if needed.
- Serve over hot noodles, adding a dollup of sour cream if you wish.