This is a refreshing crisp salad made with shredded iceberg, garden tomatoes, and scallions. Dressed with a spicy, smoky pepper dressing. This is a take off of a salad my DH ordered in a 5 star restaurant. He was surprised to see a salad made with iceberg. Something I don 't buy often.
- add salt
- add 1/2 lime juice
- add 1/4 cup parsley or cilantro
- add 1 chili pepper, seeded (I used habanaro, you can use seeds if you dare!)
- add 1/3 cup vinegar
- add 1 teaspoon sugar
- add 1/3 cup olive oil
- add 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- add 4 garden tomatoes, cut into large matchsticks (I used yellow and red you can use what you have)
- add 4-6 scallions
- add 1 head iceberg lettuce
- add 1 whole chipotle chile in adobo
- Place all dressing ingredients into blender and blend till smooth.
- Toss all salad ingredients together add dressing and serve.