A nice easy to make cookie with a nice sunny orange taste
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup orange juice
- add 1 tablespoon orange zest
- add 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1/2 cup shortening
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 2 eggs
- add 2 tablespoons butter, melted (no substitutes)
- add 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in orange juice and peel.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in.
- apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 min, or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- To make icing, in a small bowl, combine icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cooled cookies.