These awesome little pancakes make a nice brunch item or an appetizer, or they can serve as one part of a more complex meal. Serve them topped with a dollop of nonfat yogurt or Mango Peach Chutney if desired.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala (or curry powder)
- add 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 egg white
- add 1 1/2 cups grated white potatoes
- Combine the potatoes, garam maslala or curry, salt, green onions and egg white.Warm a large nonstick skillet.Spray with cooking spray. Drop the potato batter by a scant 1/4 cup measure onto the skillet and gently flatten into a circle with a spatula.Make as many pancakes as will fit in your skillet, but leave enough room to flip them.
- cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until browned.Flip the pancakes over, cover and cook for 3 minutes on the second side.Then uncover, and cook until browned about 3 minutes longer.
- VARIATION:replace the white potatoes with sweet potatoes and use 2 egg whites.